So, I made a SMALL goal for the day! I was off to the post office and going to mail my first package home! Being in South Asia, I was preparing my self mentally...this may take FOREVER! After my successful bargaining with a rickshaw, I arrived to a building that said post office! Ok! I waited my turn and probably got cut in line too! Oh well! Once I got to the counter I used a combination of the national language and English to say I want to send the package to the United States. Then they asked for my box. My box? Can't I buy one at the post office? NO! I said I'd have to come back tomorrow because I didn't have one! I was ready to leave, when a man at the post office, in a BRIGHT pink shirt I must add, motioned me outside! Basically, he did me a favor and butted into my business at the same time! LOL! He got me what I assumed to be a cardboard box! So he made me a box and then took cloth to sow over it! He had mad sowing skills too! It took a while and I just watched! I was offered tea and just talked...and sweated! After about 15 minutes, my box was done and paid the man about $2 USD, which is a lot in their currency! I walked in proudly with my box and was ready to send! To my surprise....the post office was now CLOSED! Oh dear, my small goal of the day was shattered! He he he! I expected something like that! I went back home ready to send my box home with a volunteer, but worked hard to get the box. So I went back the next day and saw my friend who helped me with the box! What a sweet brother! He got me to the front of the line and sent my box to America! What a hassle! I wasn't sure it would make it, but what do you know...it's in my mom's hands in a week! LOL! Go South Asia post office!
Look at those stiches! Wonder if he could teach me!?!?