Saturday, May 30, 2009

Please Tell Me How You Really Feel

So, it's been about two months since I've packed my bags and moved to a whole new world! Some things have become almost natural...like seeing cows cross the streets. Other things catch me by surprise and make me laugh! The other day I went shopping. It was a great day because I was using the little language I knew and was getting things done. I went to get some fabric and asked for 2 meters of black cloth in my language. After insisting that the first selection was navy and not black, I found the material I needed for western style pants! I asked the man for 2 meters and he insisted I only needed only 1.25 meters. After telling him again in my new language I wanted 2 meters he told me something that I'll never forget. "Mam, you're NOT THAT FAT. You only need 1.25 meters." Ok! Please, tell me how you really feel. LOL! What a funny comment to make me smile! This country never ceases to amaze me.