Friday, May 22, 2009
Ode to Little Miss Muffet
You know this nursery rhyme with Little Miss Muffet. She was minding her own business eating yummy churds and whey. Then this spider sat beside her and scared that Muffet away. I'm afraid that's the first thing that popped into my head one early morning. After a dust storm, the house hold dog started barking...and barking...and barking. So, being the good house guest, I went out to check on the dog. She kept going crazy and stared at the wall. Since I was still tired, it took me a while to notice this GIANT spider on the wall. Then to my dismay, I was Little Miss Muffet...well with curry instead of churds and whey. Wishing my brother was here to kill this spider on steroids, I had a decision to make. So, grabbing the biggest shoe I could find, I put my hand to wall coordination to use. I wish I could say I got the spider the first time, but I did have the last laugh...eventually. My friend and I laugh about Charlotte, the little dog who was more than afraid! What's the point of having a dog that won't kill spiders? I'm not really sure, but it's Charlotte's web...I mean life and she truly let the spider frighten her away.