Friday, July 9, 2010

Surprises and Luxuries

I've heard of reverse culture shock, but didn't think I'd have it so bad with only one year away. To my surprise I was among a TON of white people. I also enjoyed the milk not from a box on the plane to Houston. The guy sitting next to me probably thought I was insane savering my white 1% milk. Oh well. I also had to get use to the Spanish being spoken and on signs instead of my Asian lanuage. Finally, the humidity struck me as I walked outside, yet everywhere I went I was cold! I wasn't use to all this fabulous air conditioning and inside shopping areas!


Things I had to be careful of while in the U.S. made me laugh. I had to remember how to drive on the "right" side of the road. Plus, I had this urge to honk at people when I passed them. In South Asia it is totally exceptable and even expected to honk at everybody and everything.