Monday, September 14, 2009
Question, Comments, or Concerns
I think every teacher seems to have a phrase that is adopted and used daily. Mine happens to be question, comments, or concerns. As I am about to finish the first quarter, I made an evaluation sheet on myself for the children to fill out. I wanted to know their opinion on class, homework, and other little things. All this to say that I left the last question for their question, comments, and concerns. I don't think I could brace myself for one of these questions or maybe it is a concern. The anonymous paper said this wasn't REALLY a question, but wondered when I was getting married. MARRIED? This is truly the culture I live in and cracked me up! I told the whole class I was getting married tomorrow. After they stared for a second, my class laughed with me (at least I think it was WITH me). I told them they would know if I was getting married. :O) How cute! Don't worry dedicated blog readers, it's not any time soon. Told my staff that story and they told me to take this question or concern as a compliment. One of the former teachers was told she WASN'T the marrying type. So there you go!