Wednesday, June 24, 2009
What's in a Name?
Shakespeare wrote poetic lines likes "What's in an Name?". Then he continued talking about roses and flowers has nothing to do with this blog! Anyways, I never knew that a name could really change a person's view of me. So, with a little wisdom from others, I've been introducing myself as Victoria. It's kinda funny because I've never gone by my good name (as they call first names here!) my whole life. So, it's taking some getting use to! Nationals are always pleased to hear my name is Victoria because they love Queen Victoria of England. I know little to nothing about this queen, but am using her name...I mean my name! So, Vicki, Wicki, or Victoria are all names I'm trying to respond to! Oh, my favorite name someone made up for me is Wickitoria. Guess by any other name I would smell just as sweet!!!