Saturday, August 28, 2010

Someone to Watch Over Me

"There's a somebody I'm longing to meet. I hope that he turns out to be someone to watch over me." Crazy for You

Although I've become pretty independent over the last year, sometimes it is nice to have someone to "watch" over you. Didn't think I'd have it quite this much though. I'm blessed with my landlords who are a retired couple. They treat me like their daughter. Uncle (what I call my landlord) makes sure I don't get ripped off money and Auntie makes sure I have chai every time I come over.

This week they saw me walking and talking with a lady in a different flat. Uncle told me he approved of this and that made me laugh. Didn't really need that approval, but thanks.

I am very thankful for this couple though. It's been such a pain to get cooking gas. I spent 30 minutes on a bike rickshaw one day to try to find the place, but couldn't. So Uncle took me out today and got me registered for gas. Not only that, he pleaded my case as foreigner so I wouldn't have to wait 15 days to get gas. He made sure I will get it delivered next week!

I'm blessed to have this couple watch over me!